Blackthorn Carp Fishery

Oswestry, Shropshire

Blackthorn Fishery is a beautiful 4 acre carp fishery near Oswestry in the North of Shropshire, on the Welsh border. If you’re looking for unspoilt countryside and a peaceful venue away from the noise of modern day life, this is the place for you. Blackthorn Fishery is purpose built with the carp angler in mind. It is situated in a truly remote location on private ground without public access. You are guaranteed plenty of space when you fish at Blackthorn. It’s the perfect place to get away from it all, and enjoy premium fishing at its best. The lake is home to some of the best quality British fish you can find. The sovereign strain were supplied by Viv Shears and Simon Scott of VS Fisheries. These carp have bags of character with a wide variety of scale patterns. The first batch of fish were introduced in February 2011 up to 24lb. For those looking for the luxury fishing experience, there is the opportunity to book the fully-furnished lakeside log cabin. This is proving very popular with couples. The site also has toilet and shower facilities and secure CCTV monitored parking for all anglers.

Fish Details
The first stocking took place in February 2011 with carp of up to 24lb. All have true British heritage, being born and bred in the UK by Viv Shears and Simon Scott of VS Fisheries. The ‘sovereign’ strain at Blackthorn are a combination of Suttons, Leneys and Dink Crosses. Link to VS Fisheries The fish are simply stunning! The selection of Mirrors offers something for everyone, including leathers, fully scaled and even a few very special Linears and Zip Linears. Blackthorn also has a first-class head of fantastic looking Commons, which have impressive body shape and fight like crazy!

Not supplied.

£24 per 24 hours. See website for up-to-date prices.

Telephone: 07779127796 or email: info@blackthornfishery.co.uk

The Rules at Blackthorn Fishery Fishing and lake viewing is by appointment only � 2 Rods maximum � Please keep vehicular movements on and off site to a minimum. � No litter please- take all litter home with you/ keep the venue tidy � All anglers must use our unhooking mats, weigh slings, & landing nets � No Keep nets or sacks allowed on site � Minimum strength line 12lb � No braided main line � No nuts of any sort to be used � Barbless hooks only � No fish to be taken off site � No fixed leads � Radios are allowed but must be kept to a minimum so as neighbouring anglers are not disturbed � No alcohol, swimming or fires � No under 16s without parent/guardian supervision � No bait boats or dinghies � No Dogs � Be courteous to others, antisocial behaviour will not be tolerated For 99% of us many of the above are common practice, so shouldn’t restrict our fishing experience. For the other 1%, the venues Bailiffs have the right to remove any angler or guests immediately who fail to comply with any listed rules Blackthorn Fishery accept no loss or damage to equipment or vehicles whilst on the premises.

Day Tickets
Available for this water

Open all year

Night Fishing
Night Fishing allowed

Disabled Access
Some disabled access - please contact for details

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...


Accuracy of information
Please email nkw@go-fish.co.uk if you notice any mistakes. We have made every effort to ensure the accuracy of our information, but cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions.